School Mission Statement
The mission of the Charlton Heights Elementary School is that
each child will achieve high levels of learning, personal growth
and social responsibility. We will create and promote a school
environment that allows students to meet or exceed district
grade level standards as measured through annual assessments by
the school community. We commit to an effective and responsive
system of support that will maximize student potential.
Charlton Heights Vision and Values
Our climate will:
- Embrace a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Provide a supportive school atmosphere where everyone
feels emotionally, physically and intellectually safe.
- Model enthusiasm towards life-long learning.
- Honor our traditions and shared values while constantly
striving for growth and improvement.
In order to maintain our school climate, parents, staff,
students and the community will:
- Respect and care for ourselves, others, the physical
environment and school property through our words and
- Promote a sense of belonging by celebrating our unique
abilities and the diversity within our community.
- Provide opportunities for involvement in the educational
process that will encourage students to take responsibility
for their lives and the learning process.
- Act and communicate in a professional manner with
integrity and honesty.
- Develop relationships characterized by caring and
- Communicate in a variety of ways about student progress
while encouraging a positive home and school connection.
- Collaborate, plan and problem solve with one another to
create conditions that promote student success.
Our curriculum and instruction will:
- Follow a sequentially organized program that is
integrated, developmentally appropriate, comprehensive, and
meets all state and district standards.
- Provide students with a variety of opportunities for
learning, including enrichment and remediation while
addressing learning styles and interests.
- Use effective grouping to best meet student needs,
including cooperative groups, small groups and whole group
- Reflect current research methods and best practices.
Our staff will foster personal growth and social
- Opportunities for instruction and education.
- A variety of approaches to meet the needs of all
- A commitment by staff to model positive character traits
- Accountability for our actions.
- A sense of community involvement.
- A celebration of positive accomplishments.Charlton
Heights Elementary School Mission