Each BH-BL school has a Building Council whose goal is to help improve the quality of education for all students through a shared-decision making committee.
The committee is comprised of teachers, administrators, staff and parents. There are six teacher members selected for Building Council in each school who are also members of one of the six district K-12 committees: language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, health and special services. In the middle school, team leaders are selected by grade level and department to represent their colleagues. Parents and CSEA are also part of the shared decision making group.
By school year 2019-2020 we will be fully immersed in a new schedule and a solitary middle school bus run will be made available in order to increase the contact time with students.
The isolation of a middle school bus run will allow for more time in our master schedule, allowing for improvements and changes that would have a positive impact on our adolescent students.
2016-17 Building Council Goals
Academic Goal: To increase conversations regarding literacy in our content areas in our grade level and department teams.
- On-going discussions at team meetings related to literacy. (reading, writing, verbal communication)
- Investigate Project Based Learning, cross curricular activities, or activities to do on your own
- Team Leaders sharing out at Council meetings
- Increase opportunities for professional development in areas surrounding literacy
Social-Emotional Goal: To create an environment where all students feel investment in the school community by learning and applying strategies that foster social emotional growth
- Continue the homeroom-first period combination
- Continuation of activities to support team building
- Increase social cognition - Educate faculty and staff in areas including but not limited to: Growth mindset, Social Thinking, Goal Setting, Mindfulness
- CREST - Capturing Kids’ Hearts training for new staff or current staff who have not had the training
Scroll down for Building Council members, meeting dates and minutes and archives minutes.
Co-Chair: Principal Colleen Wolff
Co-Chair: Valerie Wadsworth
Administrator Rep.: Nancy Pearse
CSEA Representative: Jennifer Knight
6th Grade Parent Rep.: Tiffany Tassone
6th Grade Teacher Rep.: Monica Hills/Dolores Weaver
7th Grade Parent Rep.: Jim Ireland
7th Grade Teacher Rep.: Kevin Ahern/Sue LaRosa
8th Grade Parent Rep.: Sonja Olsen
8th Grade Teacher Rep. Kim Shell/Laurie McFarland
World Language Rep.: Lauren Kirkwood
SPED Teacher Rep.: Audrey King
Fine Arts/Guidance Rep.: Tammy Flint
CTE/Health/PE Rep.: L:indsay Armbruster
Professional Development: Kim Sprenger, Dolores Weaver
Bulding Technology Representative: Lisa Febraio
September 11, 2017
October 23, 2017
November 13, 2017
January 08, 2018
February 12, 2018
March 12, 2018
April 23, 2018
May 14, 2018
Tentative June 25, 2018 - Retreat 9 AM
2015-16 Monthly Minutes